Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dexter on dating

I am not an emotional person... and that is mostly by choice. I see very little value in emotion. Well... I understand that some emotions are fun, but I don't see the value in allowing emotion to control us, instead of assessing situations logically, and then choosing which emotion, if any, is suitable. If you know me, you already know this about me. I'm not a sociopath or anything, I just see no need for emotion. I rarely use the word "feel" (except when talking about physical sensations), and instead opt for "think" or "know"... because, really, I don't care how you feel... and don't expect you to care how I feel. I am not interested in feelings. I am interested in facts.

Knowing this might help you understand how I can have had two girlfriends in my life, and not really been romantically interested in either of them (Lauren, Chelsea... if you're reading this, I guess this is probably not the way you would like to learn this)(also, how the crap did you find my blog? Are you stalking me?). Surely I can't be the only person to have dated people because he could tell they were interested in him, and because normal people have girlfriends. People who are not cyborgs, that is.

In my life, however, there has been one girl (woman now) that did cause me to feel, and I never really dated her. Maybe she was partially to blame for the lack of interest in either of my girlfriends. I hadn't, until recently, seen her in years... but I still thought about her in contrast to any other girl I met, and none of them were as exciting to me. What was it about her that got me so bewitched?... what is it about her that is doing it again? Granted, she's beautiful, but is there more to it? Is it that she is a mystery to me?... that I can't tell whether she's interested in me? I need to be careful. I shouldn't move too quickly, only to find out that we're not as in sync as I want to think we are. I need to be sure.

What about you?... have you dated someone you weren't interested in from the start? Have you ever NOT dated someone because you were unsure?

No comments:

Post a Comment